Friday, November 20, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Grey + a color

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday! Today I've got another Crumpet's Nail Tart's nail challenge for you. Today's prompt: Grey + a color!

Untitled

Earlier this week my good friend sent me a link to an article of color pairings that would look good together and one of them was grey and chartreuse so I just knew I had to incorporate that into my my look for this prompt. My added challenge for this prompt was half and half, which is what I think is one pattern and a different pattern.

Untitled

To start I did one coat of Morgan Taylor Sweater Weather (this is probably the first commercial polish I've used in months, I should totally up my indie creme game). I was pleased however that this was a one coater.

Untitled

Once that coat was dry, I stamped the look using Liquid Sky Lacquer Turn Up, a lovely chartreuse holo polish using my MoYou London Tropical 13 plate.

Untitled

Next I took a nail art brush to paint a line of Turn up in the middle of the nail as a guide for the chartreuse half and then painted the whole half with turn up.

Untitled

Then I added the polka dots using Sweater Weather again to create the second pattern. I do like how this all turned out, I was sad I couldn't wear it longer. I know this isn't exactly seasonally appropriate but I like how it's switched up my normal look a bit!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the ladies in this challenge today!


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

No comments:

Post a Comment